Sizing and Measurements
Use these instructions as a general guide for taking your measurements.
If you have purchased a custom fit corset, submit your measurements here to input them into our system. We can't begin your order without these!
Taking Your Measurements
This page will guide you through taking your measurements. In order to ensure your item is a perfect fit, you’ll need to take these measurements as carefully and accurately as possible. Please note the following guidelines when taking your measurements:
- Double and triple check your measurements before sending them! We are not responsible for items that do not fit because of incorrectly taken measurements. We want your item to fit perfectly just as much as you do, so please, triple check!
- Use the buddy system! If possible, have a friend help you with taking your measurements. Your results will be more accurate this way.
- Take your measurements loosely. If you tighten the measuring tape too much when taking your measurements, your corset may be too tight. Remember — it’s a corset! The corset will by default be smaller than your measurements. The measuring tape should not be pulled tight at all when taking measurements. If you’re not sure — take a deep breath, and when you exhale, where the tape falls when you relax naturally is the measurement you should give.
- What to wear? Be sure to wear an unpadded bra when taking your measurements, as this will hold your bust in the correct place and ensure a perfect fit. In general, you should take your measurements against your skin or very thin clothing, as any additional bulk will add to your measurements and make them incorrect.
- Don’t stress! Taking your measurements can seem daunting, but don’t overthink it! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out via email or chat, and we can help! And get excited — you’re one step closer to your custom made corset!
Sounds good? Let's get started.
Follow the instructions for each section below and write down your measurement. Then use the form at the bottom of this page to submit.
Find your bust and natural waist
Your bust is the fullest area of your chest when wearing an unpadded bra, at the level of your nipples.
Your natural waist is the place where your body creases when you bend from side to side, typically slightly above your belly button. Bend from side to side and find the place where your body creases between your rib cage and your hip bone — that’s your waist!
Using a ribbon, rope, string, or piece of elastic, tie one strand around your bust, and another around your natural waist, as shown in the photo to the left. Be sure that each ribbon is parallel to the floor all the way around your body, not drooping or uneven in any places, and perfectly straight all the way around your body.
Bust: Measure all the way around your body at bust level where you have tied the ribbon. Double check that your measuring tape is parallel to the floor all the way around your body.
Measurement on model: 35″
Your underbust is the area directly under your bust, typically where your bra band sits. Double check that your measuring tape is parallel to the floor all the way around your body.
Measurement on model: 28 3/4″
Natural Waist: Measure all the way around your body at your natural waist level, where you have tied the ribbon around your waist. Double check that your measuring tape is parallel to the floor all the way around your body.
Measurement on model: 27 1/2″
High Hip: To find your high hip, measure down 4″ from your natural waist and mark this location. This is your high hip level. Measure all the way around your body at this point. Double check that your measuring tape is parallel to the floor all the way around your body.
Measurement on model: 32″
Apex to Natural Waist Along Breast:
Start from your nipple and measure down to your natural waist. When taking this measurement, the measuring tape should be pressed along the curve of your breast. Be sure you are taking this measurement from the same points you previously measured your bust and natural waist!
Measurement on model: 6″
Apex to Natural Waist at Side
Starting from the level you took your bust measurement from, measure straight down against your body to your natural waist. Be sure you are taking this measurement from the same points you previously measured your bust and natural waist!.
DO NOT MEASURE FROM YOUR ARMPIT.
This measurement should be less than or equal to the measurement you got for your apex to waist along breast.
Measurement on model: 5 1/4″.
*This measurement is often done incorrectly. Average measurements for this should be between 5″-7 1/2″. If your measurement is less than or greater than this, it means you have a short or long torso. If you think that’s not true, recheck the position of your waist elastic/ribbon and check this measurement again.
Underbust to Natural Waist
Measure from the position you took your underbust measurement, directly under your bust (where your bra band usually sits), and measure down to your natural waist.
Measurement on model: 2 1/2″.
Submit Your Measurements
IMPORTANT! Please make sure to use the same name and email address used at checkout. This will ensure that we are able to find your measurements in our system.